Your provision of personal information
All provision of personal information is optional. However, if you do not provide us with certain personal information and/or you decline cookies on your computer, we may be unable to provide our products and/or services to you and you may be unable to enjoy the full functionality of the website.
Collection of information
Information you provide: we may collect personal information from you, such as your name, address, phone number, email address, occupation, company, title, position and interests when you:
- use our website, or
- do business with us (such as making a request for our products or services).
Cookies: we collect cookies from your computer, which enables us to tell how and when you use the website. This information can include your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times, pages within the website which you visit and referring website addresses. You have the ability to accept or decline cookies on your computer. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, your experience of our website and any interactive features of the website, may be restricted and/or not possible.
Purposes of collection
The purposes for which we collect personal information about you include:
- reviewing, updating, improving and, in general, providing the website, and/or other products and services (including, in some cases, delivery to you);
- providing customized products and/or services;
- enabling products you purchase online to be delivered to you;
- providing you with information about our website, products and/or services;
- responding to your queries and/or complaints;
- to help us develop our products, services, website and business (generally); and
- legal and regulatory compliance.
We do not sell, rent or lease our customer lists to third parties.
We will only disclose your personal information to other persons/businesses/government agencies in the following circumstances:
- where you have consented to us doing so; or
- for purposes connected with the provision of our website, services and/or products – for example, where it is reasonably required by our external suppliers:
- to process your order for our products and/or services;
- to enable delivery of products you have ordered through the website to you
- to provide technology solutions we require to provide our products, services and/or website, such as by our web hosting provider or data storage provider;
- to help us market our website, products and/or services;
- to help us perform statistical analysis;
- to help us develop and operate the website and/or provide our products and/or services;
- to help us contact you or provide customer support.
- without your consent (and possibly without notice to you) if we are required to do so:
- by law or pursuant to a legal process;
- to protect and defend our rights or property; or,
- where we reasonably consider it necessary for safety reasons (whether in regards to you, another website user or a member of the public).
Our security measures. We take reasonable steps to ensure information which you provide and which we store is protected from unauthorized use, loss or disclosure. These steps include a range of physical and electronic security measures, such as limiting access to our computers and databases.
Limitations on internet security. However, you acknowledge that the security, confidentiality and integrity of information transmitted over the internet cannot be guaranteed and we offer no warranties as to its security.
Transfer out of Australia
Sometimes the web hosting or data storage service or other third party service we use may transfer data outside of Australia. You consent to the transfer and/or storage of your personal information outside of Australia where this is done in the normal course of our business or the normal course of the services provided by our third party supplier(s).
While we only use third party suppliers who we believe are reputable, we in no way vouch for the adequacy of their security procedures or their data treatment practices. To the extent legally permissible, you release us from all liability related to the treatment or use of that data by our third party services.
Links to/from other websites
We are in no way responsible for the privacy statements or manner of data collection or use of external websites which are linked from or to our website. Where you follow a link to an external website you do so at your own risk.
Other electronic promotions
By providing your email address you automatically become an email subscriber and consent to us sending you emails related to the marketing and administration of the website, our products and services. All promotional emails will include the option to unsubscribe from receiving further emails or you can unsubscribe from such emails by notifying us at email@example.com.
Accessing and updating your information
If you have any questions about the information we hold about you or if you would like to update or correct any information we hold about you, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or, for more urgent matters, on (+61) 2 9649 2334.
- “we”, “us” and “our” refers to NANS TARP Pty Ltd ACN 082 788 59; and
- “you” and “your” refer to (i) you as a website user personally and (ii) if you are accessing the website within the scope of your employment and/or on behalf of a company, that employer and/or company (as appropriate).
(Updated as at August 28, 2015)